1. If you have registered a GTRacer account, and logged in at least once, you can use the same login credentials on the forum.

Drag Race Tournament -- Updated : 01/18/2018 @ 23:15 Server Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedStingray73, Nov 11, 2018.

?

Would you join and participate in a Drag Race Tournament hosted by RedStingray73?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2018.
  1. No

14.3%
  2. Yes

71.4%
  3. I do not know what GTRacer is or how to play it

14.3%
  1. RedStingray73

RedStingray73 GTRacer Guru

Your posts are basically causing this thread to go off-topic with unproductive responses to either drum up an argument, subtly discredit my idea with your high dislike for me, and/or to attain some attention either for yourself and/or your precious P-Spec cars that have a difficult time selling.

Now, I have to ask a mod to delete all the off topic responses since that is where this thread has gone. I should never have to involve staff over a basic idea.

You said you were not going to participate in this tournament -- Therefore, STOP CREATING/PARTICIPATING in an off-topic discussion within this thread. Off-topic posts belong in the "Bullcrap" area of the forum.

2. pewpewrocket

pewpewrocket GTRacer Guru

Iceman, I did in fact give a suggestion, but it was shot down by Red. Sometimes I wonder if you intentionally ignore half of my posts so that you can make up stuff like that.

3. pewpewrocket

And all I said was...
    1. I'm not in.
    2. I have a feeling someone's gonna use a P-Spec at some point in this.
    3. I made the suggestion to split up X into two divisions, but you made a good counter to the suggestion.

None of the above require mod intervention nor do they require the attention of mods, who are likely busy dealing with the glitches involving market place and part storage, among other things. They dont need you complaining whenever I make the slightest comment on a forum post that you put up for discussion.

4. IcemanCCX

IcemanCCX GTRacer Addict

I fully read your post, and I had already made the point about keeping it away from X class, you can't control the builds and it becomes a turkey shoot for those with green parts

Hence why I suggested B class, gives a littke more scope than D but retains the control of builds that you would need for this to stay competitive

As i said in an earlier post making an X class car is easy, you bolt on some standard parts, it's all your doing as tuner

Making a D300 car is a challenge, you can't bolt the highest performance parts to it, you'll blow the PI limit
    Even show a D class car a green turbo and you'll blow the PI limit - D300 drag car will require you to be clever about the build, pick the right engine, fit the right parts, potentially not even stripping the car as that will blow the PI limit too

Again, easy to build the X class car visit my store (others are available in the interest of impartiality ;) ) and your there
    I challenged you to build a D300 car, you'll see the challenge it is

But alas I digress, Red if you need any more suggestions on the tournament structure I'm more than happy to pitch in with any ideas

I did think about assigning a base car as an idea - that way everyone starts at an even keel - just incase the best build you could ever do in a D300 class is an extremely rare white or green car for example

Assign the tournament limit as a Ford Feista or a Suzuki Alto or something of that nature, set the class limit and then it's who can do the best with the limits imposed

Set the limits so that it gives everyone equal opportunities to enter and be a certain level of competitive, but then leave other areas free to allow individual styles to shine through

*Editted as I hit post early :$

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    RedStingray73 likes this.
  5. Fearless_Coconut

Fearless_Coconut GTRacer Guru

I like the sound of locking it down to one car. Focuses more on the tuning aspect. Who can make the fastest D300 Vauxhall Corsa? Works well wince there's many ways to reach D300

6. IcemanCCX

IcemanCCX GTRacer Addict

Not the Corsa! Anything but a Corsa!
    I own a Feista :D
    But yea lock it down to an F100 car and then there's scope to build one up - potentially then just need a way of controlling that there's only 1 car built

What's to stop me building 10, testing them all and selecting the fastest one

7. ashee024

ashee024 GTRacer Addict

sounds good, one specific car for the race. lets see who has the best tuning and in the finals i suggest a F100 class since it is the hardest thing to do.
    looking forward to challenge Red and other participants.
    good luck doing the event RedStingray73 (Y).

8. IcemanCCX

IcemanCCX GTRacer Addict

Hmm - could we do it round by round and eliminate the slowest as we go?

May work better with limited interest
    If theres 5 players entered - everyone tunes an A(600?) - slowest eliminated
    Then the 4 build B500 - slowest eliminated
    3 to D300
    etc.

9. RedStingray73

This was what I was thinking. I think starting with B500 is good because you can use an E-Class engine and you can go through the P.I. Ranges of F to B without any difficulty. The final race can be F200 and that is more difficult. If the player is smart they would pick their engine based on the F200 race and tune for that race first. If they get a fast time at F200, then it is most likely going to be a fast car through the rest of the P.I. Classes. I know this from experience. If I can't get a fast time at F200 then I pull the engine and start over.

10. Aztec312

Aztec312 GTRacer Semi-Pro

Interesting approach, I amy have to try this myself

11. Aztec312

*may, not amy

12. Aztec312

Also... I missed the voting period, but I would definitely sign up!

13. pewpewrocket

Once again ignoring half of what i say. Remember when i suggested doing 2 different X divisions?

14. RedStingray73

Your ignorance was answered right within this thread:

Here:
    https://forums.gtracer.net/threads/...ted-11-12-23-23-server-time.16311/#post-55716

And here:
    https://forums.gtracer.net/threads/...ted-11-12-23-23-server-time.16311/#post-55719

Take a gander .. You might realize your repetitiveness is uncalled for and unnecessary, but then again not.

This tournament will not have X-Class Cars (or in your simplistic definition Extreme cars/divisions) -- The explanation was already given within this thread.

Please do not use this thread to start a recurring argument. If I have to, I will have this whole thread deleted and not host/run a drag tournament.

15. RedStingray73

To replace the championship this year, I asked @MarlyNL if I could run a Drag Tournament and he said that it was fine.

So here it is -- Drag Race Tournament Guidelines ---- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ojk5-Z0dMWvVQvIRvw4HPjRPCeNb_ZJ6bttqDOW71e8/edit?usp=sharing

Sign up for the Tournament will take place on the forums. Reply to this thread and say that you want to participate. I will construct a sheet to show your progress and who's winning/losing. I will post the link to it on this thread along with keeping this post current with dates and times so you don't read "old news."

I want to give a Gigantic -- THANK YOU -- to @MarlyNL for providing the prizes that the winners will receive when the tournament is complete! Another Gigantic -- THANK YOU -- to all who participate in this tournament.

UPDATE : I've extended the registration to the Tournament to December 30, 2018 @ 7:00 Game/Server Time which is Midnight my time in the United States.

The Tournament will begin at 21:00 Game/Server Time on Sunday, December 30; which is 2:00 P.M. my time in the United States.

I will also re-open the registration for Rounds Two and Three. The later you join, the lesser of a chance you have in winning the Purple car but you have a chance at the other prizes.

Once you are registered -- you're registered for all the rounds.

A couple of reminders -- A screen shot of your car must be provided before the race and you will not be able to participate until I get a screen shot of your car. Screen shots are to be posted in this forum thread.

Negative Handling Body kits and Engine Swaps are allowed. Green turbos/exhausts are Not Allowed.

The goal is to build the fastest car with the most negative handling. I already have the P.I. Classes outlined in the Tournament guidelines (the Google Doc).

Any questions, please direct them to me in a PM - here on the forum or in-game. Thank you! :yes:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    WarHound_Sniper and MarlyNL like this.
  16. Aztec312

I’ll participate! :)

p1nt0, MarlyNL and RedStingray73 like this.
  17. p1nt0

p1nt0 GTRacer Guru

Sign me up. Thanks RS73!

MarlyNL and RedStingray73 like this.
  18. damagen

damagen GTRacer Guru

one question: can you specify the time when the races occurs for me please? I would love to participate but in my country it can be a pain in the bumhole about the time :P
    thank you in advance!

19. RedStingray73

21:00 Game/Server time = 3:00 AM your time.

20. ashee024

ashee024 GTRacer Addict

sign me up

p1nt0, MarlyNL and RedStingray73 like this.