1. If you have registered a GTRacer account, and logged in at least once, you can use the same login credentials on the forum.

GTRacer and the Future

Discussion in 'News' started by RedStingray73, Aug 28, 2019.

1. RedStingray73

RedStingray73 GTRacer Administrator Staff Member

Many of you already know that me (RedStingray73) is the new owner of this game. I am delighted to be the new owner and now I will share with you a little bit about myself and what my plans are for the game.

Who is RedStingray73?

I am a librarian, computer nerd, and caregiver to my parents. I'm an only child so the "burden" is on me to take care of my family. My mom is in a nursing home going on 3 years and my dad who is also ill is still living at home. I live here with him and take care of him. He is fairly self-sufficient so it gives me the opportunity to take care of other things. So you are probably wondering how I am going to take care of GTRacer? Well, I am quite organized and I always have time for my favorite game whether I am on my computer or my phone I still am able to sneak in time to be on here. If you want to know more, about me, which I doubt but hey you never know, just send me a PM.

GTRacer -- What is going to happen to my favorite game??

A LOT!!!!

MarlyNL and I are still in the transition stage of turning everything over to me so when that is complete then the real work will begin.

Here is what I want to do:

A.) Fix the engine glitch. It's rather annoying that in order to get an achievement a player has to cheat to receive it. Once this glitch is fixed, I will clear the stats so we can start fresh and earn the top spots and achievements legitimately.

B.) Make all cars usable. This is more complicated and will take a larger amount of time to get this where it needs to be. It will also include fixing the P.I. system. I will be using Fjhoekie's suggestion as a guideline and when I get to this point I will ask all of you for suggestions.

C.) Regular Championships with possibly monthly tournaments. Tournaments would alternate between drag and circuit racing so that all players can be involved.

D.) Update the club racing schedule. Race times Will Remain the Same. Cars and race types would be updated. Included with the clubs, will be allowing the club owner to participate in club races and allowing changes to the race team to happen on any day/time instead of just Mondays.

E.) Update the circuit race schedule. Race times Will Remain the Same. Race types would be updated and new ones added.

F.) My Street Outlaws List, Car of the Week, and Lottery will come back. They will be temporarily held on the forum. I will create a new dedicated forum topic to each item mentioned.

G.) New player Missions. I would like to go up to 50. I will use suggestions already provided and will create some of my own along with more of your ideas/suggestions.

H.) Community Mission -- Is this actually useful? I would like to make it something other than finding a green car. What you think?

Yes, this is HUGE! I believe it is doable. It will not be done all at one time. My plan is to tackle one larger item or 2 or 3 smaller items per month. I will make it into manageable chunks. There are items that I can do myself and other items that I will hire a programmer to do.

That's all for now, but stay tuned … 'cause change is a comin'!

2. Smokey

Smokey GTRacer Moderator Staff Member

I''ve some idea's for point B, I"ll send you a PM about it.

Other things I' ve been thinking out;
    • Make a raceclass between gokarts and ''the real deal". Here in the Netherlands (and more countries I think) we've got the Mazda MX-5 cup and the Suzuki Swift cup. Stock engines, only stripped down and a rollcage and so on. They're all the same. Age for the drive should be between 17 and 21.
    • Instead of everything in Euro's, make it credits.
    • Add more stock technical parts, for realism. So stock exhaust, suspension and so on.
    • There should be a limit on clubs, around 5-10 should be enough for more competing.
    This is a few things wich came up in my mind! :)

@RedStingray73 good luck, I'm open to help you!

MarlyNL and RedStingray73 like this.
  3. MiniVader

MiniVader GTRacer Guru

I can't wait to see where this game goes and hope to be a part of it all the way through.
    One thing at a time and GTRacer will be back to legendary status.

Looking forward to the removal of the engine glitch but how can we prevent older glitched cars from being used again?

Good luck Red, I would be honored to help if possible, you have my info (:

MarlyNL likes this.
  4. Fearless_Coconut

Fearless_Coconut GTRacer Guru

You had me at make all cars usable, i freaking love you for that ;) as a friend, obviously

Edit:

I also noticed a new mission section
    ahem
    https://forums.gtracer.net/threads/mission-proposals.10091/

MarlyNL likes this.
  5. cerberus84

cerberus84 GTRacer Addict

its good news nice :)

MarlyNL likes this.
  6. DarkTaker

DarkTaker GTRacer Guru

Reds, Congrats that you are a new admin owner to take care of this game.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    MarlyNL and RedStingray73 like this.
  7. Skilpad

Skilpad GTRacer Guru

good to read some fresh wind

RedStingray73 likes this.