1. If you have registered a GTRacer account, and logged in at least once, you can use the same login credentials on the forum.

Week of October 7, 2019

Discussion in 'The Weekly Admin' started by RedStingray73, Oct 8, 2019.

1. RedStingray73

RedStingray73 GTRacer Administrator Staff Member

I have a lot to talk about this week. I also have some HUGE News to share!!

This week our championship starts and I am excited for it! I chose October 8 for it to begin because it is my Birthday! (Y) If you haven't signed up yet, there's still time.

Onto my Awesome News:

1.) The Engine Glitch is FIXED! Now, hold your horsepower -- There's a small problem yet to be completed. I didn't implement the fix on the main server yet because everyone who has built a car with an overpowered engine can still race and screw up the stats. :disagree: I'm working with Marly to figure out a solution. When I have a solution, I will upload the fix to main server, then clear the stats, and delete the achievements from the players who have them. Example --- The GTI achievement, Ferrari, McLaren, etc. Also, now that I figured out how to clear the stats, I will do this more often (every 3 or 6months?).

When I bought this game, I knew that I would hire a programmer to A) Fix the engine glitch and B) Make all cars usable again. So onto this News:

2.) The programmer I hired can make our request true, by making all cars usable again. This will come at a cost and a fairly large one at that. I rigorously searched the forums and found the posts with the suggestions made about the PI System and making the cars usable. I combined suggestions from fjhoekie and Pewigg and presented them to the programmer. He said, "We guess this will take a full week of development and We think about $1,260."

My question to all of you is:

How badly do you want to see this happen??

This is what I presented to the programmer:
    What I want done is ---
    1.) Change the PI system lead to the car to make the car important again and not the engine. The PI level stays with the car.

2.) Set Base handling to the car model ( trucks and vans should poor, sedans neutral, sport cars a little better and racers the best, etc ) Then let bodykits, suspension, tires and wheels determine the handling.

3.) Eliminate the driver weight calculation ( added to car weight ) for races it will make most drivers usable again. (Pewigg)

With how things are designed currently, only a select few cars are actually capable race cars, with 99.6% of all cars being virtually useless. If this base handling would be removed from those calculations, suddenly a lot more cars would be fairly competitive, making races more accessible and likely more entertaining. (fjhoekie)

I want to see this accomplished. I don't see $1260 in my bank account in the near future. I already entertained the idea of getting a cheaper programmer. The programmers charge by the hour and ones that I researched would be as much as $2 per hour cheaper. The one I have hired currently is a game developer who creates and fixes Browser Based games, like this one.

How do you feel about me setting up a GoFundMe Campaign to raise the money to see this change in the game?

Plus, this campaign can remain ongoing so in the future I can have this game rewritten and have a trunk full of features that we all have been wanting to see.

Please respond to this post. I want to know your thoughts about making all the cars usable again and how you all feel about me setting up a GoFundMe campaign.

That's all I have for this week. Good Luck to all the players participating in the Champion this week!

I'll see you at the Finish Line! (Y) :worship:

2. damagen

damagen GTRacer Guru

welp, I don't have much experience in modding cars but fixing the system sounds nice
    also, I don't have money, but maybe others do
    great job as always RS73

Smokey, p1nt0 and RedStingray73 like this.
  3. mandalay

mandalay GTRacer Master

Hail Red !!! Indeed about the cars...they should all be more competitive...so that would be awesome...and clearing the stats every 3 months would be perfect...as for the GoFundMe...excellent idea !!! Awesome news !!! Keep up the good work !!!

Smokey, p1nt0 and RedStingray73 like this.
  4. Pewigg

Pewigg GTRacer Moderator Staff Member

Great stuff, set up GoFundMe and I will help for sure.

Smokey, RedStingray73 and p1nt0 like this.
  5. Aaron5

Aaron5 GTRacer Addict

I think all is great!

6. Smokey

Smokey GTRacer Moderator Staff Member

I like the idea Red! i also want to donate for a programmer:)
    Does it mean that cars with neutral handling could be as competitive as a better sports car, if you tune it with handling?

Maybe a whole new car list should be a good idea.
    I was busy with @leon112233 2 or 3 years ago on a development server, to create a new car list (lot of work).
    We dit a few brands, but we stopped and it should be updated.
    I would like to make a new one, based on that one, but I need serious help with it, Leon112233 doesn't play it anymore.
    I'm a whiner on this :D
    If we make a car list with a the correct data, we can also add new tuning parts and bodykits.

Maybe some things in the request system should be changed too if we make a new list.

Some changes;
    - adding fuel size to the request page. now it's calculated, based on weight (not sure) after adding it to the game.
    - currency should be changed from Euro's to credits (neutral).
    - Maybe the developer could make something to fix this: For example, we got a Audi A6 (C7), S6 (C7) and a RS6 (C7) ingame, C7 means the internal code of Audi. The RS6 is now ingame as a Audi A6 (C7) RS6. maybe we can change it to Audi RS6 (C7), so the internal code between the ( and ) is the key point for the cars, so we can put bodyparts from a RS6 on a S6 or RS6 because it's the same car in the basics. Another great example is Alpina and BMW, with the model codes it should be doable too. (Like the BMW E46 and Alpina E46).

7. RedStingray73

Yes, by using bodykits, suspensions, brakes, rims; etc. Any other tuning parts/mods that add handling would make it more competitive.

8. RedStingray73

PLAYERS!

The fix for the engine glitch has been implemented and the overpowered engines have been resolved.

So What Does That Mean??

It means that if you have a car with an overpowered engine installed, the engine has been removed. In order to see this you need to actually click on the car, as if you were going to tune it, etc. Then you just need to restore it. If the quality of the car is less than 100 then put on some new tires and grab yourself some rev kits and restore. If the car's quality is 100, then put on some used tires (less than 100), grab yourself some rev kits and restore!

I have cleared the stats and removed the achievements from players who had -- for example -- GSI, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. all other achievements remain intact!

Now, I have tested to make sure this is fixed and it truly is fixed. If you encounter any problems with this fix, please tell and I will reward you with Elite Membership, after I verify that the problem exists.

As for the Circuit and Club Races Schedules, I will be working on that on Friday. The programmer screwed up and then told me the races never existed when he started his work. It would've been better if he just owned his error and told me he made a mistake.

HUGE THANK YOU'S to the players who have already donated to GoFundMe. I also will look at adding a second option to make it easier to donate.

I'll see you at the finish line!

Smokey and Pewigg like this.
  9. Doughnut_Hole

Doughnut_Hole GTRacer Rookie

FYI on the cars, all I did was install a different engine, and all the parts that were on previous engine reappeared, so keep that in mind if you get a message about being too powerful...

10. Smokey

Smokey GTRacer Moderator Staff Member

Nice!:pompom: